CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION PROGRAM - PACC PERÚ
"Strengthening actions , climbing answers"
For sustainable improvement in the lives of rural Andean populations to a changing climate.
Effects of second phase
Effect 1: "Regional (sub-national) policies are implemented"
Regional and local governments of Cusco and Apurimac implement strategies for climate change adaptation in an articulated and effective way.
- Achieve a clear articulation between the strategy and the mechanisms for public investment.
- Compromise monitoring mechanisms.
- Strengthen professional capacities for managing adaptation criteria within the framework of public investment.
- Achieve social participation and surveillance in an informed and proactive way for policy compliance.
- Improve the inter-sectorial and intergovernmental articulation (national-regional-local) for the implementation of adaptation strategies.
Effect 2: "Solid evidence supporting action"
Rural Andean population provide useful evidence for public policy, while implementing innovative responses for climate change adaptation.
- Provide solid evidence on the effects and impacts of good adaptive practices within the rural area for fostering their extension.
- Adjust knowledge and technologies for their replication in varied environments.
- Promote attitudes and institutional capacities for accepting experimentation and innovation as well as leadership in carrying out knowledge management processes on adaptation.
Effect 3: "Research and training in adaptation"
Universities in Cusco and Apurimac perform applied research and train professionals that contribute to climate change adaptation.
- Strengthen dialogue platforms between the university, the regional government and civil society on research priorities for regional and local development in a climate change context.
- Strengthen capacities for scientific basic and applied research in related topics.
- Promote collaborative work with national and international academic centres and research institutions.
- Create mechanisms to motivate the research activities of professors.
Effect 4: "Up scaling and articulation"
National governmental bodies upscale rural innovative adaptive responses through public policies based on evidence, generating inputs to global dialogue.
- Make available to decision makers proposals and solid evidence for rural adaptive practices, useful for public policy.
- Foster inter-sectorial and intergovernmental dialogue on climate change management, promoting articulation, alignment and cooperation.
- Explore the up-scaling potential of adaptive responses through national public mechanisms at local rural areas.